Does Every Business Need a Website?
We’ve heard this question more times than we’d like to admit. We would like to answer this question as loud as we can: YES! If you are going to invest in your business or company in any way, please let it be with a website. We’ve noticed with companies that have large start-up costs or overhead, a website is something they push to the back burner and put far down on their To-Do list. Please let this be one of the first things you do.
We have come up with a list of the top 5 reasons why a website is and should be a business standard:
- Websites are the number one-way people research your business. It’s in most cases your business’s first impression.
- It is your secret weapon. It is a 24-hour marketing tool. Websites never stop, they don’t have a closing time, they’re on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They work weekends and holidays—around the clock to bring you leads.
- Most customers will view a business’s website before making a purchase. Don’t lose out on business! If a potential client is searching for you on the web and they can’t find you, they will move on to your competitor.
- A professional website meets customers’ expectations. It represents you as a company and lets customers know you are professional and legitimate.
- You control the information and messaging of your brand. You establish who you are and give your brand credibility. Some small business owners have stated they don’t need a website because they use social media platforms. While that is okay, they’re missing out on bigger opportunities and increased revenue. A website allows you to control what is being portrayed to the public.
A website is critical for brand communication and the overall success of your business. If you can’t afford a professional designer, you have options. There are many freelancers or agencies that will work with your budget (such as we—insert shameless plug here) to make sure you are being expertly represented online. Put your best foot forward with an amazing website.